’Tis the season to snap a photo! As you explore the frosty trails, take your camera or phone to capture a critter, a selfie, or a stunning scene!
Members from ACRES board and staff will select five winners who will receive a newly-designed ACRES reusable bag and a one-year membership.
Take a quick pic of a critter you’ve spotted along the trails
People on Preserves
Photograph a preserve outing with your friends or family
Bundle up and snap a trail selfie by yourself or with your group
Share the natural wonders of an ACRES preserve with a winter scene
Capture a nature close-up
How to Enter
- Read over the guidelines, rules, and rights.
- Use the button below to upload your photo, or email it to [email protected] by Monday, January 18, 2021
- All photos must be submitted electronically.
- All photos must include your name, contact information, preserve location and the photo category.
Photo Guidelines & Rules
- Photo submissions must be captured this winter (2020 – 2021) at an ACRES preserve following all preserve rules.
- Photos must be submitted by 11:59pm on Monday, January 18, 2021.
- ACRES will select one winner from each category. Participants may enter one photo per category. The same photo may be entered in more than one category if applicable.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable.
- Make sure to get consent from any people in your photos.
- Have fun but please be respectful of other visitors and remember that commercial for-profit photography is prohibited at ACRES preserves.
Judging & Winners
- Photos will be judged by members of ACRES board and staff.
- Each category will have one winner. Winners will be announced on Monday, January 25, 2021.
- The five winning photos will be featured in ACRES Spring 2021 Quarterly.
- The five winners will receive a newly designed ACRES reusable bag and a one-year ACRES membership. Winners that already have a membership can choose to extend their current membership, or gift it to a family member or friend.
Thank you for sharing your photos with ACRES! These images will inspire more people to explore the preserves and protect local land. By submitting a photo to this contest, you grant ACRES a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photo online and in printed publications. This includes the ACRES website, social media, newsletter, Quarterly, slideshows, and news reports.
- Use the photograph in ACRES non-commercial communications.
- Share your photo with other organizations for non-commercial use.
- Use your name, county of residence, location of the preserve, and photo title in promotions and other publications.
- Keep the files provided and to archive the images electronically.
Questions? Email [email protected]