Our mission is to protect local land.
In support of our mission, ACRES:
- acquires and owns land: working land, forests, wetlands, native grasslands, unique geologic formations and habitat for rare, threatened and endangered species.
- manages land with a priority on protecting natural resources and minimizing human impact.
- actively manages non-native invasive plants to re-establish or establish our native plants.
- promotes the knowledge and appreciation of natural areas as living systems to which you belong.
- educates communities about the importance of natural areas and their preservation.
- encourages preserve use, provides trails, and offers guides on natural areas’ trail systems.
- develops scientific, educational and public recreation use of natural areas.
- strategically collaborates with and encourages other organizations and individuals to partner in and promote our mission.
- celebrates the success of our members in protecting our local places.
- a growing awareness of people’s place within and responsibility to the natural world.
- the intrinsic and diverse benefits of natural places and the life they sustain.
- individuals’, families’ and communities’ compelling desire to preserve our local land.
- owning and managing land as a means to protect it.
- a long-term perspective in planning, decision-making and acting on behalf of future generations.