ACRES was incorporated on March 2, 1960 under the Indiana General Not For Profit Corporation Act of March 7, 1935 and became subject to the provisions of the Indiana Nonprofit Corporation Act of 1991, Indiana Code 23-17 (the "Act"), on August 1, 1993.
We were incorporated exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes and by charitable, educational and scientific means with five general purposes:
- As a part of the continued growth of the communities in which we operate, as a land trust to acquire interests in and to preserve natural areas and to discourage unnecessary development of natural areas.
- Impartially to educate communities as to the value to them of the preservation of natural areas.
- To promote the knowledge and appreciation of natural areas as living museums.
- To develop such scientific, educational and public recreational uses of natural areas as are consistent with their preservation as living museums.
- To cooperate with and to encourage other organizations and individuals in carrying out the foregoing activities.